1. Swaddles- Make a baby burrito and watch them drift into dream land. Swaddles can work wonders if you know how to wrap the baby the right way. Highly recommend Muslin swaddles by SwaddleDesigns because they are large and 100% cotton (meaning your baby won’t overheat, even in California weather).
2. A good diaper bag- For the best way to carry around your baby’s essential items, Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag is my favorite!
3. Wee wee pads- Once in a while your baby WILL pee while you are changing their diaper. It’s inevitable. Wee Wee pads are great because they are disposable, large in size, and protect your changing table from a poop or pee explosion.
4. Butt paste- Boudreaux’s butt paste is God sent! If you see any sign of redness, apply some of the paste to the area and watch it be gone in no time!
5. Thermometer- Not only for checking to see if your baby has a fever , but also great for checking the temperature of your baby’s bathwater.
6. Nail clipper- Babies nails grow so fast! Using a nail clipper specifically for babies makes it super easy to trim their tiny, delicate nails.
7. A swing– How to keep your child entertained while you get chores done around the house- put them in a swing. Keep in mind, these should not be used in replace of a crib, as it is not approved for safe sleeping. My daughter loves watching the lights and the mobile.
8. Pack n’ Play- We keep our pack and play at the edge of our bed. Our baby sleeps in it at night and her crib during the day. It makes it easier for us to get to her when we hear her first starting to wake up before she turns into a crying, hangry little monster. You definitely need one of these if you plan on traveling with a baby! It’s easy to fold and comes with a carry bag.
9. Burp rags- I have about 20 of these all over my house, that’s how often I use them. Great for spills, drool, and spit ups.
10. Bottle steamer- Even though they sell electrical steamers, I bought a microwave one (way cheaper and gets the job done). It’s an easy way to disinfect your bottles and pacifiers.
Comment below with your baby registry must- haves!